Sunday, September 10, 2006

Fourth of July (7/8/2006)

My Fourth of july did not seem nearly as out of place as Christmas did six moths ago (have I really been here that long?). Yes now is the cold season but it was about 70 on the fourth. There is no blues fest in Moshi and was unable to see any family and did not know most of the people I spent the fourth with however they were all Americans. The party was at an expat's house and it was great to have a hamburger (with real Heinz American ketchup too), toss a football around and bet on a turtle race.

School should have officially started last week but only a few of the students have shown up, and several of those were turned away because they did not bring their school fees. Still I am teaching some students and maybe next week I will teach classes.

The World Cup ends this weekend, but the school now has a tv so the students don't have to leave the school to watch the game. I was able to watch the last game with the students and although most wanted Portugal to win there were many cheers when France scored. Watching with the students has been my favorite watching atmosphere yet except the dinners are not as good as at Matron's house.
Hope you are enjoying the summer,
T.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

s