Sunday, September 10, 2006

Music and more Time (8/6/2006)

Things are going well I finally got out and went to some live bongo flava. The place was packed but you could still move. It was pretty amazing the way the stage dancers could shake their wawowo. And also an interesting experience to have the dance floor clear out for 30 seconds between every song. You could feel the cool air as everybody left then after the next song started the floor would slowly fill and again things were body temperature.

Also last week something rather unexpected happened. The headmistress got a new form 4 math teacher. This means I now only teach form 3, and I have mixed feelings about this. On hand I am rather shocked that she would outright replace me with out telling me about it. On the other hand I now have more free time know my community and do not have to stress about the results of the form 4. Also I think the real reason I am replaced is because she wanted another teacher so she can get rid of the current physics teacher (this new teacher also is teaching physics). I don't think the plan will work because it is likely that a third math teacher will leave in September and has not told the headmistress but even this case it will be good to have this new math teacher. Nonetheless, it seems weird that two weeks ago I was asked to teach teachers and then the next week I am told that I won't be teaching some of my students.

So last week it was nice to have some extra time to relax and figure out what I want to with the extra time. I finally took the time to do a power assessment of the school and plan on my first project to be get the school a backup power supply. I think they have the funds to buy a generator but are unsure as to what is needed. Also I think I will be able to do more teaching of computer use i.e. typing and will be able to open the library more.
-T

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

s