Thursday, December 28, 2006

Real vacation


Today is the official start of my real vacation. My parents arrive tonight and we start the tour tomorrow.

Yesterday I finished my end of term report and finished invigilating the A level exams. Actually I kind of enjoyed monitoring their exams. You would think it would be boring standing in front of a room of students. It is very peaceful, and unlike the O level exams there are not whispers when you turn your back or mysterious pieces of torn paper with answers suddenly on the ground.

The time passes quickly because I discovered a great name game. Where you mentally go from student to student in a somewhat random order pretending that there is a sports action. My mental sport is American football where there are laterals, hail Marys, fumbles, runs up the middle and the all important touch downs. There are frequent breaks because a student needs
paper, permission for a ruler, pencil etc. As an additional benefit for playing the game I finally know all the students in form six.

I mentally just hit a brick wall, and so feel it is probably best to stop before I get a concussion.

Have a very Merry Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, whatever you celebrate and a happy new year.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

s