Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I forgot the mail

I put off writing about trip to Victoria Falls last month, and finally wrote something down only to forget to bring it town today. But I suppose I owe you an account of what I have been doing.

I think school officially started last week. We had the opening meeting and some students started to report by the end of the week. Half of the form ones were there and I taught a review lesson. Although I haven't received my official teaching assignment it's generally understood that I will teach the form ones and assist with the form 4's. This is ideal since the results of the mock were poor and again math was near the bottom of the list. I get to help the students improve but am not responsible for the miracles the headmistress is demanding. My forecast for the term is positive since for the form 4's roughly twice are past the mock scores compared to last year and many more are within five points of passing. The form 1's scores are much better since I taught the last three topics, and only a quarter failed. This term the material is much easier than last term so everyone should improve.

I am spending sometime fixing things. I got my bike tire repaired, belt cinched, unclogged the sink and other pipes. I hope my phone is fixed when I finish this email, since I dropped it two weeks ago and it hasn't worked right since. My biggest job has been to fix the library. The last two weeks I have been organizing the library and finally have all the books in decent order. There are still rats/mice that need to be removed/exterminated and the lights still aren't working.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger billy b said...

I'm considering the Peace Corps as a grad school program, and I just happened to stumble upon this! Keep your blog going dude.

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

s